Sunday 1 March 2009

Lounging

Have spent most of my weekend on the balcony with the ghekkos in the cool shade, enjoying the view of the King's Palace, National Museum and the Mekong river (gloat, gloat!). Pics to follow when I can find a fast enough internet connection.

On Friday went to the Heart of Darkness club which had signs outside asking you to leave your firearms at home and was half full with prostitutes. Obviously this is right up my street, but as they won't let me bring in my AK47 I won't be returning.

I saw a monkey about 3 streets down from me. He was sat on a shop awning. It was a hell of a surprise!

Bought some $8 Birkenstocks and lunch and iced coffee for $3.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds lovely- but we too have been having lunch outside (shepherd's pie)... predicting snow tomorrow tho!

    lots of lovexxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very excited to now be one of your official 'followers' - I always was a bit fanatical! Heart of Darkness - great story - but don't go back :). Monkey - wow, that's cool, but a bit disconcerting, haven't seen many on Cowley Road this week! x

    ReplyDelete