Wednesday 4 February 2009

Zen and the art of passport applications

I'm writing with slightly less humour today.... After 3 days running around London trying to make this happen, UK Passport service refused to renew my passport in 24hrs, because it was issued in Stockholm (where I used to live). They would/should have known this was the case at the time they advised me on the phone that it was possible to renew in 24hrs. As they did not, I have to wait 7 days for a new passport, therefore missing my flight which I only managed to get moved last time through extended, humiliating pleading (have you ever seen a salesman in a tutu bark like a dog? It's a miserable sight).

I cannot now say when I will get to Cambodia. I am hoping that Etihad Airways will reschedule my flight for the third time without further cost, but I am going to wait to rebook until I have a new passport in my hand. Total cost of all this so far (inc hotels in London, taxis (tube and bus were down in London when the snow hit), food, etc) is at least £500 as it stands....

So I'll be in the UK (probably Oxford) for another 7 – 10 days. BUY ME A DRINK : 07941 635 651.

And there are no leopards or even snowmen anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment